We’ve had a glut of snow over the last 10 days, including a 12 inch storm on Wednesday and another 6 Friday night, and then yesterday it topped out in the mid 30s with some rain/mixed precipitation. We took advantage of the warmer weather, after we cleaned up all the snow, to get the sap tanks set. Jeremiah worked post-night shift to get stone set to level the tanks on the hill. Next we’ll run wires to the sugar house and lines from the tanks to the head tank to get the sap where it can be boiled.

Eleanor also checked Jeremiah’s work in creating a housing and setting the vacuum pump:

And of course, there has to be some relaxation in the snow: