Strawberry Maple Jam
I’m always looking for ways to replace sugar in my recipes, either by having lower sugar products, or by using maple or honey. I tried a different Strawberry Maple Jam recipe this year which was not perfect, so I’m posting this one for reference next year when I make more jam. If you try it, leave a comment regarding the outcome.
- 3 2/3 cup pureed strawverries (approx 6 cups whole strawberries)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons low sugar pectin form ball or surejell
- 3/4 cup Real Maple Syrup (Sweet Bear Farm Maple Syrup suggested!)
- Prep canner by starting boiling water. Prep jars, lids, rings.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the pureed strawberries and lemon juice.
- Whisk in the pectin, making sure to get rid of any lumps.
- Set the mixture over high heat and bring to a boil. Stirring constantly. Cook until the boil cannot be stirred down.
- Add the maple syrup and bring back to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Pour the jam mixture into prepared jars, leaving 1/4 in headspace.
- Wipe down rims, place lids and tighten rings.
- Process in boiling water canner for 10 minutes (elevation adjusted).